Federal bucks for broken homes

Published on Thu, Aug 23, 2001
Read More News

Federal bucks for broken homes

USDA Rural Development (RD) has loan funds available for home repairs to remove health and safety problems for very low-income rural homeowners while grants are available for senior citizens (62 or older) that can’t repay a loan.

Funds may be used for home repairs in small towns and rural areas to homeowners with incomes under 50 percent of the median family income of the area. The maximum home loan amount is $20,000 with an interest rate of one percent with up to 20 years to repay.

Grants to remove health or safety hazards up to $7,500 (lifetime limit) are available to senior citizens, and homeowners 62 years or older, who are unable to finance their repairs.

For further information, contact Sue Davenport, community development manager at 360/428-4322, ext. 4..

Back to Top