Upcoming Birch Bay events
Donate blood in Birch Bay
The Birch Bay Lions Club and
the Puget Sound Blood Center have scheduled a blood donation
drive on Monday, June 11 at the Birch Bay Fire Station.
Donation hours are noon to 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 to 6 p.m.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment contact
Kathy Berg at 371-0171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Birch Bay Steering Committee meetings
The Birch Bay Steering Committee, a group of residents who organize town hall meetings for the community of Birch Bay, meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Birch Bay Bible Community Church at 7039 Jackson Road in Birch Bay. The group also coordinates the meetings of its implementation subcommittees and invites residents of Birch Bay to get involved in planning for the community’s future. Meetings for the month of June include:
• Monday, June 4: Incorporation implementation subcommittee at 7p.m. at the Birch Bay Bible Community Church. Discussion will review the scope of work and contract for the consultant doing the Birch Bay incorporation feasibility study.
• Wednesday, June 6: Shoreline Enhancement/Restoration implementation subcommittee meets at 7pm at the church. Discussion will review the scope of work for the second phase of the feasibility study.
• Tuesday, June 12: The Birch Bay transportation plan open house/workshop is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at the church. Goals include the updating the transportation element of the Birch Bay subarea plan of the Whatcom County comprehensive plan. The Land Use/Economic Development/Infrastructure, Design Guidelines and Transportation/Public Safety implementation subcommittees will attend this important workshop in lieu of their regular monthly meetings in June.
• Wednesday, June 13: BBWARM/Stormwater Management/Shellfish Protection - 7pm at the Birch Bay Bible Community Church.
June 14: North Whatcom Fire & Rescue (Fire
Dist. 21) Board of commissioners meeting – 7
p.m. at the Lynden Station 71.
Monday, June 18: Park/Recreation/Open Space implementation subcommittee – 7 p.m. at the Birch Bay Bible Community Church.
• Tuesday, June 19: Birch Bay Chamber of Commerce meets at 11:30 a.m. Location is to be announced. Debbye Omlie, of the Small Business Development Center at Western Washington University, is scheduled to speak. www.birchbaychamber.com.
June 25: North Whatcom Fire & Rescue (Fire
Dist. #21) Board of Commissioners meeting
- 7pm at the Birch Bay Station #63.
For info anytime - www.birchbayinfo.org
Other Birch Bay events include two events hosted by naturalist Katie Gell for Friday and Saturday, June 1 and 2. Friday’s event includes aforest and marsh tour through Birch Bay State Park beginning at 7 p.m. Participants will have the opportunity to explore two ecosystems, and discover native plants and animals. Meet in the Wildlife Theater in the upper day use area.
Saturday’s event includes an exploration of Birch Bay at low tide. Meet at 10 a.m. at the Wildlife Theater in the upper day use area of Birch Bay State Park.