Young at heart
By JoAn Newby
• Kayak trips in Semiahmoo Bay are July 17, and August 15. Cost is $15 and space is limited.
• Toni Peller’s retirement party is planned for June 28. Toni has been at the center for 10 years, and she always makes everybody feel welcome. Everyone is welcome.
• Line dancing for beginners is at 9:30 a.m. and the regular easy class follows at 10.
• The cancer support group is changing to the first Monday of the month. Next meeting is June 10.
• Bowling for
fun is the first and third Monday, at 2 pm. At Mt. Baker
Lanes in Ferndale. Carpooling is available.
• Stretch exercise class with Dolly, Tuesday and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m.
• Bocce ball, depending upon the weather.
• A small group Bible study meets at 10:30 a.m., you are welcome and there is a sing-along group meeting at 1 p.m.
• Pool tournaments are on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 9 a.m.
• Strength-training classes run until June 7. Tuesdays and Thursdays 2 to 4 p.m., or Tuesday and Thursdays, 6 to 8 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m.
• The China painting and writing classes are taking the summer off.
• Yoga is at 6:30 p.m.
• Stretch exercise class led by Dolly and bocce ball on Tuesdays and Thursdays mornings.
• Blood pressure measured by the Blaine fire department Thursday mornings.
• Bridge and other games.
• Pool tournament on Thursday mornings.
• Fill in with your favorite things: reading, talking, exercising, crafting, or whatever your interests lead you to.
• The pancake breakfast is on the third Saturday of the month.
• Remember the pool tournament Saturday mornings.
Come on in and celebrate June!