Police Report -- September 06, 2001

Published on Thu, Sep 6, 2001
Read More Police


August 30: A person in the 700 block of F Street reported that her 10-year-old child had become violent and was threatening suicide. The child was contacted and calmed down. A doctor was summoned and responded.
August 30: Two citizens reported finding young children wandering unattended in the 500 block of C Street. One child was found in an alley, the other on the street. Officers were able to locate the responsible party and return the children. CPS will be notified.
August 30: A resident in the 400 block of 9th Street reported that man knocked on her front door at 4:11 a.m. The man left before police arrived.
August 30: A resident in the 200 block of Peace Arch Court discovered an intruder in her house. The resident jumped out the bedroom window, ran to neighbors, and called the police. A WCSO K-9 helped search the house. The suspect, a possible former resident, was not located.
August 29: A parent in the 800 block of Harrison Street reported that her 15-year-old son did not return home after a game. The boy returned home five hours later and said he was talking to friends. The parent is in the process of filing an “at risk” petition with the court.
August 29: A person in the 400 block of B Street reported that he thought his wife may have hit him while he was sleeping. He did not want any charges brought against his wife, and there were no signs of injury. He requested an informational report only.
August 29: Dispatch reported the fire department was enroute to a ruptured gas line in the 100 block of 8th Street. Officers arrived and evacuated the immediate area until the gas line was shut off. A contractor was digging with a back hoe when the line was cut.
August 29: A citizen was using a crosswalk in the 500 block of H Street when a vehicle backed up almost hitting him. The vehicle was parked in a no parking zone. The resident asked if the area could be better marked. Public Works is reviewing the complaint.
August 29: Officers were dispatched to an aid call in the 100 block of Marine Drive. A man was out of his boat crabbing when the vessel sank. Two unknown sport fisherman picked the man out of the water and brought him to the marina. Information was passed to the U.S. Coast Guard.
August 28: A citizen in the 400 block of F Street reported a dog at large chased her into her house. An officer took statements from all the individuals that were involved. The case has been forwarded to the prosecutor for charges..


Back to Top