Police Report -- September 11, 2003

Published on Thu, Sep 11, 2003
Read More Police


September 8:

An officer assisted a parent and a guardian in returning two truant girls back to school.

September 7:
A resident reported her former spouse made a harassing phone call after a property dispute. The incident was documented and the resident asked that no charges be pursued at this time.

September 6:
Officers responded to a report of a person screaming in the 100 block of Marine Drive and contacted a very intoxicated man who initially refused assistance. The man instead tried to walk home to Birch Bay, but found he was unable to make the journey and once again screamed for help. A Blaine officer drove him home.

September 6:
A business in the 1700 block of H Street reported an unruly customer. Officers found the customer was upset because he wanted a refund from the business. The customer was offered information on his options. The store did issue a refund. Officers cleared.

September 6:
A resident in the 200 block of G Street called 911 to report that someone had just shot at his house, specifically the living room, breaking a window. Officers responded and arrested a 14-year-old boy who was in the area with a laser aimed high powered pellet gun. The juvenile was booked into the Whatcom County Juvenile Detention Center for malicious mischief. The weapon was seized. No one was injured in the incident.

September 5:
A person in the 1000 block of Adelia Street reported loud music coming from a vehicle parked near her residence. Officers contacted the person occupying the vehicle and advised him to turn the music down. The person was also found to have a suspended license. He was advised not to drive. The person turned off the music and went inside. Officers cleared without incident.

September 5:
Officers responded to a burglary in progress call after residents at a motel in the 200 block of D Street heard breaking glass. The officers found a highly intoxicated man inside a hotel room. The man denied breaking the window to get into his room. Officers were unable to locate any witnesses who observed him breaking windows. Officers left, but stayed in the area. The man exited his room in his boxer shorts, started yelling obscenities, banged on a neighbor�s door, and started a fight with a co-worker who was in the next room. The man was arrested and booked into Whatcom County Jail. He posted bail the next day and returned to the police station to apologize for his behavior the night before.

September 4:
A person in the 1700 block of H Street reported he was the victim of a scam. The man reported he had lost over $5,000 in an apparent cross-border internet scam. The case was documented and forwarded to the FBI.

September 4:
Two juveniles were caught cutting classes at the high school. The two provided notes which they had written and upon which they had forged their parents� signatures. The parents requested criminal prosecution for forgery and the case is being forwarded to the prosecutor�s office for review.

September 4:
Officers were dispatched to a 911 call in the 600 block of D Street. A child was hiding in the bathroom to avoid discipline. Officers contacted the bemused parent standing outside the home, then made contact with the teenager and negotiated a resolution to the immediate problem.

September 3:
A person in the 1300 block of 4th Street reported that someone broke into his house while he was asleep and stole pain medication. Officers investigated and determined the report to be unfounded. Officers notified the reporting person�s pharmacy and physician of the report.

September 2:
While assisting U.S. customs, officers saw a van stop and make a U-turn on I-5. The van then drove south in the northbound lanes almost causing two head-on collisions. The van was stopped and the driver said he turned around because he did not want to wait in the back-up. He had been drinking and was arrested for negligent driving.