Police Report -- February 23, 2006

Published on Thu, Feb 23, 2006
Read More Police


February 17: The police were notified of a subject who was supposed to be checked out of a motel room in the 1100 block of Peace Portal and had not checked out as of 1330 hours. Police contacted the individual and asked him to leave the room as per the agreement. The person left the room.

February 16: A neighbor at an apartment complex in the 700 block of A Street reported to police that two tenants were in a verbal argument outside. Upon arrival it was determined that two neighbors were in an ongoing dispute that began when one was working on his vehicle late at night. The parties were separated when officers arrived and they cleared without further incident.

February 16: Officers stood by to assure the peace at a basketball game in the high school gym. A parent from the other team was making threats and became very hostile towards the officials. When the game was over, officers escorted the officials to their vehicles to deter any further confrontation. Everything ended peacefully, and officers cleared without further incident.

February 16: Officers were asked to check on an individual who did not speak English and who was hanging around a local business. The staff was concerned for the persons welfare due to the extremely cold weather and windy conditions and the fact that they were unable to confirm if he had anywhere to go. A border patrol agent assisted with translation, and it was determined that he was waiting for a friend to come and pick him up. He was allowed to remain inside while he waited.

February 15: An unknown vehicle struck and injured a deer in the 8700 block of Semiahmoo Parkway and an officer had to dispatch the animal. The deer was removed to the shoulder of the roadway, and a city crew was notified about its removal.

February 15: U.S. Customs notified police of an elderly woman who was apparently lost. The woman was en route to Tacoma and got lost and ended up at the Canadian border. The officer assisted the woman with gas and directions back to her hometown.

February 15: An officer was dispatched to the Peace Arch port of entry for two subjects who entered the country and were both in possession of under 40 grams of marijuana. The officer cited and released the subjects, pending an upcoming court date for the charge.

February 15: Officers responded to a report of a domestic fight in progress and discovered a 17-year-old female had assaulted her boyfriend and smashed a window. The female was booked into juvenile detention and charged with domestic assault fourth and minor in possession. The male was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.

February 14: Officers were dispatched to take a report after a resident in the 1700 block of Fern Street came home and discovered someone had broken into his home and stolen a number of items. The case is under investigation.

February 14: A person requested that an officer check the welfare of another. When the officer made contact with the individual he found she was not in need of assistance. She asked that the officer relay a message to the other person that he stop calling and that he not come on her property. The message was delivered.

February 14: An officer responded to a business in the 300 block of Martin Street regarding repeated 911 hang-ups. The 911 calls were determined to be an employee dialing an international number and in turn, causing a 911 activation.

February 14: A local bank received suspicious phone calls from a man requesting information about an account holder’s deposits. The bank reported the matter to police.

February 14: An officer responded to the high school where a female student was being detained for being in possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. The information will be forwarded to the juvenile prosecutor for review of charges.

February 14: An officer responded to the high school where a female student was reportedly being detained for being in possession of a knife while on campus. The information will be forwarded to the juvenile prosecutor for review of charges.

February 14: A man reported receiving a letter from a financial institution informing him that his loan application had been denied. As the man had not made any loan application he contacted the financial institution and learned that someone had made the application in his name. The man was referred to the Social Security Administration and the federal trade commission identity theft division as the transaction was attempted via the internet.

February 13: A 16-year-old girl called 911 to report her father was threatening her and telling her to get out of his house. Officers arrived and met with the pair. The father said he was yelling at his daughter because she was not obeying his rules. The argument had been only verbal in nature, and officers found no evidence a crime occurred. An officer contacted the girl’s mother who agreed to take custody of her daughter.

February 13: The police were dispatched to a noise complaint in the 700 block of A Street regarding a person working on his car at 2:30 a.m. Contact was made with the owner of the vehicle, and he agreed to wait until later in the day to work on his car. Officers cleared with no further action taken.

February 13: During high winds, a property owner’s large, black, plastic, hillside cover became a large, black, flapping, unearthly, possessed, officer-taunting monster that created a potential safety hazard for a nearby state route. The property owner was notified and slayed the beast.