Whatcom County Library System (WCLS) is looking for a county resident to finish the remainder of its board of trustees’ term. The 3.5-year term will end January 31, 2025.
Applications will start being reviewed June 1. Whatcom County Executive Satpal Sidhu will appoint a member who Whatcom County Council will then confirm.
Whatcom County residents who are strongly connected to the rural communities are encouraged to apply. The library system is also looking for candidates with experience in accounting/finance, marketing/community relations, government/legal matters, education or human resources.
Library board members provide budget oversight and set WCLS policy. According to WCLS, the trustees’ responsibilities are:
• Being an advocate for the library system and the community it serves;
• Establishing a mission, vision and strategic plan the future of the library system;
• Observing and assessing the effectiveness of the library system;
• Establishing and implementing policies for the library system;
• Participating in the facilities and budget planning for the library system;
• And evaluating the performance of the executive director of the library system.
Board meetings are currently 9 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month. The position will fulfill Claudia Disend’s first term.
To apply, visit the county website at bit.ly/39GJGBU. Information on applying is available at bit.ly/3vKt58P.
For more information on the WCLS board, visit wcls.org/library-board-of-trustees.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here